Shalom My Friends 12/29/5777 – May 27, 2017
Nissan – Yisrael – Their Strength is In Their Unity (Wisdom in the Hebrew Months Vol.2)
In Hebrew thinking and understanding we have several different New Years in one cyclical year.
Let’s look at two of those New Years. First Rosh HaShana, the counting of years as in the year 5777, or five thousand seven hundred seventy seven years ago GOD made man. Here we will also see this year is called a Civil Year. Which can be defined as the time of year which kings are proclaimed. This is also our fall season in nature in the northern hemisphere.
Scripture tells us to celebrate the Feasts. Let’s look at the fall feasts.
- Feast of Trumpets, Rosh HaShana
- Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur
- Booths/Tabernacles, Succot
These days are celebrated in the seventh month which is Tishrei. In the beginning Tishrei was the 1st month of the year.
So let’s look at where the order of the months got changed. Exodus 12:2 states “This month will mark the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year for you”.
Let’s look at some of this month Aviv/Nissan from a Hebrew perspective.
What does that mean?
Deuteronomy 16:1-17 “Three Harvest Festivals:
16:1 – “Observe the month of Aviv and keep the Passover to Adonai your God, for in the month of Aviv Adonai your God brought you out from Egypt by night”.
This part of the Torah Parasha reading Re’eh means “observe”, the word is stronger the “shema” which speaks of listening and observing. (messianictorah.org)
The Shema prayer in Dt. 6:4-9. 6:4- Hear O Israel, the LORD our God the LORD is One. This prayer has 3 parts to look at – SHEMA – (1) to hear = to see the Name, (2) to obey = to see the Name, (3) to understand = to see the Name. The Name is YHVH!
Re’eh has to do with “Seeing to Observe” with a deeper awareness, an inner seeing, with the eyes of the Heart.
Therefore we are told to observe the entire month of Aviv/Nissan from the beginning to the end.
How will this carry us over for the next year?
GOD in His infinite wisdom has now changed the order of the months of the year. From the Civil year of Counting to the Spiritual year of Eternity.
All of the census taking in the Hebrew Scriptures were to be the giving of 1⁄2 shekel in order NOT to count the people and give them a number. Our counting of the years only tries to keep track of a beginning in the natural, not the Spiritual Supernatural.
With the Exodus and the changing of the order of the months we have entered into the Season of the Spiritual Order.
Let’s look at some examples and meaning of this month of Aviv/Nissan and try to have the “seeing eyes of the heart.” Which will carry us through this next Spiritual Year.
- GOD spoke and there was. Therefore the power of the tongue speaks life and death. Mishlei 21:23 – Proverbs 21:23, “One who guards his mouth and tongue, guards his soul from tribulations. Tehillim 34:13-14 – Pslams 34:13-14, “Which man desires life, who loves days of seeing good? Guard your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit”. (Chofetz Chaim, A Lesson A Day, Day 1 Aviv.)
- Spiritual Spring Cleaning – On Passover we commemorate the Exodus from Egypt. When you prepare for the holiday by removing any leaven from your house, also remove any spiritual pollution! (aish.com)
- Nissan is a month of miracles, as its name stems from the Hebrew word of “miracles” (NEHS). The fact that the name Nissan possess two “nuns” (Hebrew letters) implies according to the sages to “miracles”. (inner.org)
- Tribe of Judah – Judah is the king (the first) of the Tribes of Israel. His name means to give thanks, in speech (the sense of Nissan). (inner.org)
- “Aviv” – This means spring, the time when the physical and spiritual messages of rebirth meet and blossom. (aish.com)
Nissan is also the month of the barley harvest, as we read scripture pay attention to the agriculture and food source being spoken, it will give you a “remez” deeper understanding clue in the Hebrew text.
How will this month carry us over for the next year? Remember, this is the Beginning of the “Spiritual Year”.
Go deep this month, study, learn all you can about Aviv/Nissan. Ask questions.
Final observance – Aviv/Nissan is the month to “SEE & OBSERVE”.
Spiritual Peace + Spiritual Battle = Spiritual Order.
There is a time for war and a time for peace. Kohelet 3:8 – Ecclesiastes 3:8.
Learn, know how to move from the battlefield to the House of Peace, let GOD’s Spiritual Order be the Director of your Life.
This Spiritual Year is where we prepare for the Spiritual Eternity.
Baruch Ahava – Blessings of Love
Mark Byrd – email@example.com